Monday, April 18, 2011

April 18, 2011

Well, mission is good. I was going to baptize three next week, but then our solid investigator  turned out to be gay. that was a big surprise. So he failed his interview. So we'll keep working with him, and eventually he'll get a second interview with president bishop and get baptized. We also were going to teach and baptize two little kids that were referrals from the sisters' recent convert. But then because I felt like it was the right thing to do, we referred them back to the sisters, so I could do their baptismal interview and get them baptized this week.
Doing baptismal interviews is a great part of being a district leader. You can feel the spirit very strong when you determine whether or not a person has fully repented of their sins.
Anyways, things are good. My companion is the best missionary I have ever met. I'm not kidding either. I've never run into a more obedient, diligent, and focused missionary.  One of our investigators right now is a violin teacher. Last week I felt like we should go visit him. We hadn't set an appointment, but we just went. We were able to meet with his wife there as well, and share about how the gospel blesses families. She still won't come to church, because she's presbyterian, but we'll see what happens.
I love the Lord, I love this mission! I'll keep you all posted! Bubye!
Elder Vernon.

No comments:

Post a Comment