Monday, April 4, 2011

April 4, 2011

 Things are good. I like the new area, the new companion, the new ward. It's all really good. No problems, except for that our investigator that just passed his interview suddenly moved to the Taipei mission. He was real solid too. Oh well, my companion is really hard working and humble.
We met with an investigator for the first time, and he saw the violin I had on my back, and he said, "I'm a violin maestro!"  in English.  I was able to play for him, and he got real happy and said he'd come to church and bring his family. His wife is Presbyterian so she didn't come, but he did. He is brother Zeng.  Turns out there is another investigator family who owns a violin shop. The father is a member of the Gaoxiong Symphony on the bass, and he wants me to come over and play his violins. He wants to progress slowly in the gospel though, and I don't like slow investigators. So we hardly ever visit him.
I had an idea that maybe we could do a musical fireside, and the ward liked the idea, so we're doing an Easter musical fireside in a couple weeks. we're also going to try contacting people by playing my violin at the cultural center and having a booth set up about Family History and eternal families.
It's interesting being in a city with so many people around us, because if someone is not willing, we don't have  time to argue with them, because there are so many people out there, it's best to just move on and try to find the next person.
I love you all. Keep up the good work. I'm excited for conference this weekend.  We see Conference a week later here.
Bubye.
Elder Vernon

No comments:

Post a Comment