Monday, October 10, 2011

October 10, 2011

Hi!
Today's just another week in Taiwan, not many changes. I loved conference so much! There were so many talks about missionary work, and about the spirit. I especially love listening to President Monson. But I always look forward to Elder Christofferson and Elder Anderson's talks the most. Theirs always seem to be amongst my favorites. But I think I would have to agree that President Packer's was probably my favorite. On of the seventy's talks on sunday really touched me, with his story about finding a quarter to buy a piece of chicken, and how we should pray. I feel like in my life that's how I've seen the hand and mercy of the Lord the most, is by very little tender mercies, that mean so much to me, but maybe not much to anybody else.
The picture I attached is our ward mission leader and us, at the steakhouse he took us too. It was a little tender mercy. The very night before we had seen that place and wanted to go there, but knew that we probably shouldn't spend that much on one meal, and then the next day he called us and wanted to take us out to eat. He somehow picked the one restaurant we had been wanting to go eat at.
 
Well, Elder Willi is learning a lot. A lot about patience, love and "waiting on the Lord."  wasn't that just a beautiful talk by Elder Hales. It almost made me cry, because that's what I feel like I need to do just now in my area. I'm so glad that we have such humble, experienced brethren leading the church. But I'm so so grateful that I'm able to be a missionary at this time. I don't think there is anything more exciting or compelling than serving the Lord right now.
Thank you for all of your support! I'm so excited for all the successes that you are having at home. I'll continue to pray for all of you.
Add oil!
 
Elder Vernon
 

No comments:

Post a Comment