Monday, July 25, 2011

July 24 pictures

1. Today we went to a really yummy buffet, and they had watermelon! And they also had marshmallows and sausages that we could roast, it was the closest thing to a cook out that I've done in Taiwan!
 
2. This is Brother Wang2, our handicapped investigator from across the street. He has about every health problem you can think of, and he still smokes over a pack a day. We always run into him at random places throughout the city. On Saturday, I noticed him wearing this hat, and asked if I could borrow it for the night. He was happy to loan it to me, so that was a little tender mercy, I got to wear a big hat to our pioneer activity!
 
3. Last week after e-mailing we went to visit Zeng Wei Zhe, my recent convert. He was so happy that I came and visited him that he kissed me on the cheek. Turns out that his mom just took off, and nobody knows if she'll come back or not. So his dad's in prison, his mom ran away, and he just lives with his aunt. He reads his scriptures every day, and reminds me a lot of Enoch, he's really really smart. He says he's read through the whole book of Mormon, but I don't know if I believe it. Some kids that age can't even read Chinese. But I was glad I got a chance to visit him. His aunt has now been to church, and his little cousin in the picture goes eery week and is preparing to get baptized.
 
4. Here's a picture of him with his standard works.
 
5. Me on the random toilet in the middle of Gaoxiong.
 




6 7 and 8, playing basketball this morning with Li3 Li4 wei3 and Elder Harper. The Li kid was way better than us. He loves playing basketball. After about six months in Taiwan I finally figured out that about half of the boys in Taiwan choose an English name based on a NBA player. hahaha.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment