Monday, September 5, 2011

September 5, 2011


Mom, I love you so much. That is such a fun story about you pushing subart half a mile in the middle of nowhere. Hahaha. I think I have the coolest mom in the whole world. I am also grateful that everything worked out and that good people are looking out for and taking care of you.
I'm so glad that Rod is able to get the priesthood, and soon Andrew as well. That's an amazing thing for the ward there in Washington. What a great new family for them to take care of and learn from. I truly love Sarah and Rod, I wish I could be there. I can't wait to see pictures of the baptism, and especially of the kids' baptism too. This decision of Rod's will literally affect generations upon generations of faithful people. What a turning point! I pray for him and for each of you every day recently. sometimes I forget to.
 
Well, nothing much is happening here on the mission. Our zone's numbers are looking pretty low. We have a goal of baptizing 10 this month. I think we can definitely do it, but we'll have to think up some good ways to help the missionaries in the zone feel fired up and ready to baptize.
I feel like being a zone leader has really humbled me. Right now our investigators aren't many. We're still waiting and praying for Zheng xiang cheng to get baptized. But I think he had such a good relationship with Elder Geddes, that when Elder Geddes left some of Zheng xiang cheng's desire to be baptized disappeared. That's too bad. That's okay, we'll still dunk 'im ba.
 
I can't think of much else to say, except for I'm excited to work hard the fourth quarter of my mission. The mission is going through a lot of changes right now. President Bishop changed it now to counting new investigators the same way as every other mission, and also changed the way our entire mission contacted. We're used to contacting separately, but now we are encouraged to proselyte together with our companions.
 
Keep up the good work! I'm so excited for Rod and Sarah and Family. And for everybody else.
Goodbye!
Elder Vernon

No comments:

Post a Comment